Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How do I get started?
- Sign up to create an account, buy individual classes or packages. Check out our instructors and class schedules, online or on your smart phone with the MindBody app.
Reserve a class by selecting the day and time. (If you are buying a ride you get to select and reserve a specific bike)
Go to the class and have fun!
Need more info? Call us at 541-797-3607
- What is your class cancellation policy?
- You will forfeit the credit or be charged a fee.
You can cancel a reservation within 2 hours of the class start time. To cancel a reservation log into your account and click "unreserve". Within eight hours of class you will be given the option to "late cancel." With a "late cancel" you will forfeit that class, however, it will allow you to give up your bike so another client can book. Good karma!
*For the safety of you and others, late arrivals will not be permitted to join a class.
- How will I know if I get into a class that has a waitlist?
- You will get a notification by email or text message.
- What happens when I take my first class?
- Arrive early (15 min before for your first class, let our staff know it’s your first time) You will get a brief orientation and a bike fit. *Remember, ALL JoyRide541 classes are great for all levels of fitness; instructors will lead you every step of the way. But do let us know if you have a little anxiety or need more information to feel prepared. We want you to love these workouts!
*HYDRATE! Arrive hydrated and bring a water bottle to have on the bike!
- How do I know if I’m improving/how do I track my progress?
- Once you have an account your ride statistics (including RPM’s, power, speed, distance and approximate calories burned) will be saved in your “My Performance” section of the account. By tracking your ride history you can set goals and measure results over time. Let us know if you have any questions about these statistics and what they really mean for you; our instructors are pros and love this stuff!
- What should I wear to a class?
- For cycling classes we recommend comfortable workout attire, long tights, capris or shorts that will not rub or chafe your legs while riding. Padded cycling shorts are nice, if you have them. (Avoid loose fitting pants that could get caught in the pedals. Probably want to leave your super hero cape in the locker room as well.)
If you are taking a yoga class be comfortable in clothes that allow you to stretch, no shoes needed -our yoga is done in bare feet.
- Do I need special shoes for cycling classes?
- No, but many people eventually invest in cycling shoes with clips as they do help performance and generally give you a better cycling experience. Our bike pedals can accommodate both "Look" or "SPD" style clips. Our odd numbered bikes accommodate look clips and our even numbered bikes accommodate traditional athletic shoes. We have cycling shoes to rent! $2.00 per use, however, if you want to wear traditional athletic shoes we also have toe clips on some of our bikes. Just ask at the front desk and we will help you out before class starts!
- Is it safe for me to take a JoyCycle541 class?
- All classes are designed to be safe. We follow every best practice protocol in the fitness industry and all staff are CPR trained. However, we always recommend that you consult with your physicians for guidance on an exercise program that is safe for you.
*Have fun and take it at your own pace, do what feels right for you, and remember, you are getting stronger with every ride!
- Hey, I have a different question! Who can I ask?
- Please email or call us (541-797-3607) if you have any questions, we are always happy to talk to you.
- Do you have showers and lockers?
- Yes! We have day-use lockers, showers, changing rooms and vanity areas. This way you can fit a workout into your schedule even though you are very busy! You know what they say, "The busiest people also get the most done!"
Watch this video to learn more about PIQ!