Stretch!

Stretch! Bringing Your Body into Alignment. Treating the pain signals.

Over the course of your life everyday habits and repeated activities tighten some muscles and leave others to weaken. (Like sitting at a desk/couch/chair, driving a car, riding a bike, lifting or squatting repeatedly, etc.) Physical activity is the essential element of a healthy, joyous life, but even healthy activities can lead to the problem of muscle imbalance issues, and eventually, pain signals.

Our joints are held in place by muscle groups, it is extremely important to maintain muscular strength with an equal balance throughout the body. (Especially as we age!) Seated positions such as being hunched over a desk, or traveling by car or airplane, can cause the chest muscles to tighten and weaken those in the upper back, which inevitably will cause neck back pain. (Figure B)

Sitting on a bike is a similar to sitting at a desk, with feet locked on the pedals working in a limited, circular, range of motion. There are many benefits from cycling, but the fixed body position on a bike can be a factor in decreased flexibility from imbalanced muscle groups. It’s just a fact that good posture comes from strong and flexible muscles. (Figure A) It's not uncommon for a person to ignore pain signals and hope it will just go away, and never return. But when pain persists, an injury is waiting to occur.

The good news: It’s fairly easy to develop correct, pain-free, muscle balance. You can enhance your mobility, and performance while preventing injury by adding a yoga practice to your program. Yoga helps the muscles, tendons and ligaments move through healthy full range of motion, bringing fluid balance and core strength – a huge benefit to maintaining the ability to stay active -forever. Learning to breathe while quietly focusing on how your body feels during movement can help to identify the exact imbalances that are causing nagging pain. Attending a few yoga classes per week and/or a few 10-15 minute sessions at home will bring fast results.

Don't wait! If you can sense it and feel it, you can change it for the better.

JoyRide541 offers a full schedule of Cycling and Yoga classes. Our mind-body fitness philosophy encourages balance in all things. Fitness is a joyful journey, come play with us!

postural alignment

Comments

Security Check
Please enter the text below
CaptchaImage
Can't read text above? Try another text.
pexe jurer
Saturday, November 3, 2018 1:18 AM
pexe jurer
This is really awesome... I like your post and looking forward to it.. mobogenie free download 9apps application appsara app download
Anonymous
Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:43 AM
Anonymous
Hahaha!I have no idea about it as I have done any gym or other stuff.After finishing the work for the research paper companies I'm planning to join a gym.Thanks
Nexstair
Wednesday, May 16, 2018 1:14 PM
Nexstair
Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. Avocado
co workers
Tuesday, May 15, 201810:30 AM
co workers
Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Leeks
co workers
Tuesday, May 15, 201810:30 AM
co workers
Once I thought about things like: why such information is for free here? Because when you write a book then at least on selling a book you get a percentage. Thank you and good luck on informing people more about it… Ginger
lifetime
Saturday, May 12, 201812:52 PM
lifetime
If you don"t mind proceed with this extraordinary work and I anticipate a greater amount of your magnificent blog entries Celery
co workers
Saturday, May 12, 201812:48 PM
co workers
I need to to thank you for this very good read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked to check out new things you post… Hydrogen Water Benefits
co workers
Saturday, May 12, 201812:14 PM
co workers
I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job ! Cocoa Butter
Nexstair
Saturday, May 12, 2018 5:53 AM
Nexstair
All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks Turmeric
Anonymous
Sunday, February 4, 201811:58 AM
Anonymous
There are so many activities which we can do with our body. From the knowledge of best paper writing service reviews we can stretch some body parts. We can move our body in different directions. We can get strength of our muscular with different activities.
Anonymous